Sunday, February 5, 2017

Same old topic:  Made to go to work after retirement so no pay.  I even had an argument about that with a manager from the old days who for some reason was manager again in the dream.  She didn't believe me that I wasn't getting paid and just laughed at me.  I went to report where Amamda V. had assigned me to NICU, even though it had been years since I worked up there.  She didn't care.  She laughed at me too.  Actually got no real report on the patients.  For some reason there were teenage patients on the floor too and they were on treatments.  We were using new nebs that I had to figure out, and the meds weren't pre-measured.  They had to be drawn up from bottles by syringe and some were really thick and viscous - terrible bad in the nebulizers.  Some idiot doc ordered one kid to get them q1.  I couldn't get her to see reason and just told her that as busy as things were the kid would be lucky to see me even q4.  Finally got to the babies and getting the vent settings into the computer charting was extremely hard because the numbers kept changing after I inputed them.

I was so glad my dog woke me up to go outside, but even after I was awake the frustration of this nightmare staye with me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment